What is a Mug Project?
The perfect compliment to your fundraising programme, with the same great customer support and quality of products you are accustomed to with My Art Project.
Your ‘Mug Project’ is presented as a fun, quick and easy fundraiser. Ideally suited for Spring and Summer months, personalised artwork can embrace popular themes, or your own ideas, local celebrations or anniversaries:
Mother’s Day | Easter | Father’s Day | Olympics | National Themes | Your Theme
As with all our art projects, we encourage individual creativity, experimenting with materials and new techniques. Bold, bright colours, collage, layering etc. Ask for more information about what works well, and what to avoid.
Why not build on the classroom learning by investigating with the children how mugs are produced. Research the materials used, the design and manufacturing processes, and the final step in the process being their personal artwork …. ask us how we transform the raw art onto the finished product, everything we do is in house by us!
Finally, every personalised mug sold will raise valuable funds towards your school, pta or chosen charity.
How does a Mug Project work?
1. Blank templates and order forms are delivered to school along with your project pack, and instructions.
2. Teachers and helpers work with children during lesson time to create their personal artwork. The child’s details are completed on their own template.
3. Each child takes home their own original artwork along with an order form, for parents to view and order their mugs as keepsakes or gifts. Parents return completed order forms and artwork to school, along with payment. School or PTA banks the money.
4. Arrange your free delivery of completed order forms and associated artwork.
5. Fulfilled orders are delivered back to school for distribution to parents.
How long to complete this project?
How long you need to complete the artwork depends on your school size and how the artwork sessions are timetabled, but it is feasible to complete in four weeks:
• set aside an ‘art week’ for artwork completion x1 week
• send order forms home for parents to fill in and return x 1 week
• our production time is approx. x2 weeks
• no upfront costs – the project is free to run, invoice follows final delivery.
• set your own selling price to parents - maximizing your fundraising potential.
• no delivery charges.
Costings and fundraising
Cost to School £5.00 each
Suggested Selling Price £6.50 each
School Fund Profit £1.50 each
The Finished Product
Combining good quality 10 oz mugs with a specialist printing technique, your mugs will have a permanent and vibrant glossy finish. Even better, they are microwave and dishwasher friendly too!